EU Corporate Counsel Position
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform that accelerates and invests in top technology startups. We have 22 locations across the world and hundreds of startups pass through our industry-specific accelerator programs each year to work with our corporate partners and/or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. We are fortunate to have portfolio success stories that include N26, Guardant Health, Dropbox, Honey, and PayPal.
Plug and Play is seeking an attorney with 3-6 years’ experience in venture capital law at a top EU law firm for an EU Corporate Counsel position. Plug and Play is rapidly expanding our investment and acceleration programs throughout Europe, with operating centers located in Munich, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Stuttgart.
Working out of our EU headquarters in Munich, the EU Corporate Counsel will be responsible for processing investments in technology startups and building Plug and Play’s presence in the EU. The complex and challenging work will focus on venture capital law and corporate law across the different countries of Europe, particularly Germany and France.
The chosen candidate will be trained to meet the various job requirements by Plug and Play’s General Counsel but will be expected to bring their own experience and skills specific to the EU market.
- Analyze and summarize key terms of sophisticated venture capital financing documents
- Negotiate and draft financing documents with startup founders and their attorneys
- Oversee, track, and analyze investment portfolio data; generate status reports
- Develop and edit templates for investments in French startups, German startups, etc.
- Draft corporate governance documents and maintain good corporate health for our entities registered in the EU
- Draft service agreements for our partnerships with major corporations
- Assist with best practices guides for technology licensing and data privacy
- Create presentations on portfolio performance, prospective investment opportunities, and market/industry trends
- Assist our business development team to engage major corporations in the EU to become members in PNP EU innovation programs
- As knowledge and experience increases, take ownership of new and different requests and add value through new job skills and accomplishments
The model candidate:
- JD or LLM from an accredited law school in the U.S. and a law degree from a top university in the EU
- Authorized to practice law in Germany or France
- 3-6 years’ experience in venture capital law at a top law firm in the EU
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and one additional language prevalent in the
- EU—German or French strongly preferred.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel (capitalization tables)
- Intense attention to detail
- Self-starting and vigorous work ethic
- Able to understand and synthesize complex ideas
- Experience in other areas of law—data privacy, employment, litigation, etc. is welcome but not required
Please direct correspondence to:
Plug and Play
Office: +34 660 83 02 01